ABSA offers a variety of learnerships to help South Africans lay a solid foundation on which to build their future career.
During the 12 to 18-month learnership, you’ll receive valuable guidance and training to help you thrive in your desired field.
If you’re eager to learn, completely focused on your goals for the future, and know for certain what you want out of life, then you might just be what ABSA is looking for.
ABSA Learnership positions to choose from:
- Branch Manager
- Customer Service
- ATM Technician
- IT Business Analyst
- Debt Counsellor
- Treasury Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Loans Officer
- Home Loans Officer
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
- Be a permanent South African resident or citizen
- Have a valid Matric certificate with a focus on Accounting or Mathematics
- Read, write and speak English
- Be able to communicate well with others
- Be computer literate
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Be flexible and willing to go beyond the set job requirements when needed
- Be willing to learn and work
- Have previous knowledge of banking (advantageous)
- Have previous experience in the retail industry (advantageous)
Applicants will also be checked for the following:
- Any and all credit records
- A criminal record
- References with previous employers (if applicable)
- Any falsification of documentation
The availability of learnership positions depends on the department's need for new employees, as well as the branch.