Anglo American is a leading global mining company that was founded in South Africa in 1917 by Sir Ernest Oppenheimer.
With its history spanning over 103 years, it's the world's largest producer of platinum, with around 40% of world output, as well as being a major producer of diamonds, copper, nickel, iron ore and metallurgical, and thermal coal. With branches in Australia, South Africa, Canada, Brazil and Chile, its products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life.
"With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to mine, process, move and market our products to our customers – and to discover new resources – safely and sustainably."
The Anglo-American Graduate Programme
The company offers a graduate programme set on finding the very best talent – those who have an interest in fields related to the mining industry such as Mining, Engineering, Process, Geosciences and Finance.
Over the three-year programme, you’ll take on two or three different roles. You'll start contributing to the business from your very first day, gaining hands-on training and working alongside the industry's top experts on an accelerated and exhilarating development journey to a more sustainable future.
If you are interested in the mining sector and have a clear view of what your future career path looks like, Anglo American might be the perfect place to start.
Find out what other graduates have to say about their time at the company https://www.angloamerican.com/
To qualify for the graduate programme, candidates must:
- Have a degree or postgraduate degree (Honours or Masters) in fields relevant to mining, in particular, Engineering and relevant sub-disciplines; Commerce; Data Science; HR; Geology; Safety and Sustainability; and Environment.
- Have an excellent academic record.
- Be a team player with strong leadership potential.
- Demonstrate drive, ambition, and a passion for demanding work; and
- Be willing to actively participate in campus and community life.
Do you have what it takes?
If you check all the boxes above, search for vacancies within the company here: https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/job-opportunities/apply