Astral Foods currently has more than 12 000 employees and is ranked as one of the JSE’s Top 100 Companies.
It’s also one of the top integrated poultry producers in South Africa. The company has poultry operations in Mozambique, Zambia, Swaziland and South Africa and feed mills located in Mozambique, Zambia and South Africa.
Astral Foods Learnerships has been designed to provide young individuals with the basic skills of adapting themselves under a real-time working environment. Founded by Astral and AgriSETA, the learnership is a combination of formal classroom teachings and practical on-the-job courses that will have the candidates challenge themselves before they are ready to enter the real working world.
To qualify for a learnership position at Astral foods, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a South African citizen,
- Have a valid Matric certificate with a focus on Science and Mathematics,
- Have an N3 National Technical Certificate or higher in Engineering,
- Is highly ambitious and action-orientated,
- Is dedicated to your role in the company,
- Is a team player,
- Has Strong conceptual skills,
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Has great attention to detail, and
- Is mentally alert and highly energetic.
If successful, you will enter into a formal learnership agreement with Astral and AgriSETA.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online via the official Astral website and follow these steps:
1. Choose the “Register Your CV”
2. Click on the “External Applicant” button. From here on, all candidates will be asked to insert in these following items:
- Personal Details
- Vacancy Details
- Contact Details
- Education & Training
- Curriculum Vitae.
3. Login with your new account
4. Choose the “Job Search” tab
5. Search for your favourite learnerships by inserting “learnership” into the keyword search box
Once you have found the learnership of your choice, click the “Apply” button.
Applications aren’t always open so keep a close eye on the company’s website for when the next opportunity becomes available.