The Department of Home Affairs, as part of the Governments National Skills Development Strategy Act, offers learnerships to South Africa’s talented matriculants to fill the country’s scarce skills.
Successful candidates will have the chance to learn from the best mentors and trainers, explore the wealth of information available to them, and growing and becoming professionals in various fields.
These learnerships are available in all provinces throughout South Africa, offering equal opportunities to all the youth.
The learnerships will vary in duration and only successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend.
So, if you want to learn more, gain invaluable experience and learn from the best in the business, keep reading.
Department of Home Affairs Learnerships
Candidates may, however, look at the following fields:
- Administration Clerk
- Supply Chain
- Civil Services
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
- Internal Audit
- Information Services
- Civic Service Supervisor
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Cost and Management Accounting
To qualify for this learnership, candidates must:
- have valid Matric certificate
- be a South African resident or citizen
- be between the ages of 18 and 35
- be proficient in English, read, write and speak
- be proficient in one other National Language
- be Computer literate
- not have a permanent employment
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- be able to work under pressure and be a great listener
- not be registered with any other institute for a learnership
- be innovative, ethical, honest and professional
- be flexible and willing to work and learn
When applying, also forward your detailed CV along with contact details, contactable references.
Also include certified copies of all your relevant certificates, ID, and proof of address no older than three months.
Those with a disability are also welcome to apply.
Also, candidates must be able to Some successful candidates may be offered a permanent position, however, this is not a guarantee.
Vacancies are made available during the year but may not be available right now, so keep an eye on the department’s website. You can also visit the Careers Portal for other great learnership opportunities.