The Department of Labour Learnerships offers learnerships to qualifying applicants to educate and assist with the training of talented South Africans through the Government’s National Skills Development Strategy.
This includes the development of high-quality learning opportunities, employment growth, and skills development in the formal sectors, development of small businesses, social development and aiding the youth to become part of the workforce.
Department of Labour Learnerships
- Chartered Accountancy
- Human Resources
- Commerce Law
- Supply Chain Management
- Legal Secretary
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for a learnership position.
The applicant must:
- be unemployed
- be aged between 16 and 35
- be a permanent South African resident and citizen
- have a valid matric certificate
- be able to read, write and speak English
- be computer literate
- not have permanent employment
- be self-motivated and a team player
- have good communication skills
- be willing to learn and work
- have good problem solving, time management, and planning skills
How to apply
Online applications are not available at the moment so applicants can register at the department’s new division (ESSA). Once you’ve registered successfully, keep an eye on the website to see what learnerships are available at present.
Also, visit the Careers Portal website for updates on when the next programme is open for applications.