Tourism in South Africa has skyrocketed since 1994, opening many doors to new and exciting careers for young and talented individuals along the way. Do you want to take on new dreams and a lifetime of knowledge? If you answered yes, the department of tourism might just be for you.
If you feel drawn to this industry and you would like to learn from the best, then you may very well have found the best path to success.
Career paths may include the following and more:
- Hotel Management
- Game Ranger
- Outdoor activities Manager
- Culinary Chef
- Customer Service
- Marketing Manager
- Travel Agent
- Travel Agent Manager
- Tourism Officer
- Tour Management
- Events Coordinator
- Wildlife Guide
Duration: 12 Months
These learnership programs provide both practical and theoretical training to address South Africa’s skills shortages.
Who should apply?
The department is looking for unemployed, educated students to join the program to build on their experience and skills.
At the end of the learnership, some candidates may be offered a permanent position, where others will be skilled and experienced enough to enter the workforce, in other sectors of the country.
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 years of age (depending on the Department requirements).
- Be a permanent South African citizen
- Have a Matric (Grade 12) certificate
- Be able to read, write and speak English
- Be proficient in one other National Language
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently and a team player
- be flexible and willing to learn and show enthusiasm towards working
- be able to work under pressure
- be innovative, professional, honest, ethical and a great listener
Candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply to all Departments of Government.
What to include:
Please include the following documents when applying:
Please include your CV along with contact details, contactable references, as well as any other relevant information.
Please also include a certified copy of your ID, copies of all related certificates and proof of address.
There may not always be vacancies in this department as positions become available throughout the year.