International Business Machines (IBM), is a global technology company that provides hardware, software, cloud-based services and cognitive computing. It was founded in 1911 by Charles Ranlett Flint and was originally called Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company.
IBM is known to be a leader in the development, manufacturing and, creation of software, computer systems, storage, microelectronics, networking systems and more in the information technology fields.
It offers its solutions to companies, industries and individuals around the world. IBM also offers development, training and an opportunity to accelerate careers and now they are on the lookout for gifted individuals to join their IBM learnership program.
Choose between one of these fields:
- Client Service
- Technical Sales
- IT Architect
- Project Manager
- Computer Science
Here are some of the minimum requirements to join. Applicants must:
- Have a valid Grade 12 / Matric certificate
- Have a South African ID book / Document
- Have a Diploma or Degree in their field of application
- Be fluent in the English language
- Have a drive and passion for the field they are applying for.
- Have problem-solving skills
- Be creative and an out-of-the-box thinker
- Be punctual and a good communicator
- Have good computer skills
- Must be able to function well as part of a team and on their own
- Be passionate about learning and dedicated to improving their skills
Note that there may be additional requirements depending on the field of your application.
Applications are available online at the IBM Students and Graduates page but you can also visit the IBM South Africa Website for more information on the company and what they have to offer. If you meet all the requirements, apply to their learnership program to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge.
Register for their learnership programme here
Some candidates have received permanent offers from IBM Africa upon completion of their learnership, however, this is not guaranteed.
IBM has a variety of programs available but most of these do not have a closing date and applications can be submitted throughout the year.
Visit the IBM Careers Page for more information about the different programs and their closing dates. Remember to complete the application form by filling in all the related information and providing valid contact detail and certified copies of your documents.