Microsoft is on the lookout for gifted graduates who want to learn, develop their skills and grow to their full potential by applying for one of the company’s learnerships.
Although some of Microsoft’s programmes only run for 3-months, others may run for up to 2-years; each program has its own duration and benefits for successful candidates.
Choose between one of these fields:
- Human Resources
- Product Development
- Customer Support
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
This will vary with each learnership field but there are some common requirements that you must meet.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a legal ID document
- Have a legal Matric certificate
- Have a degree or diploma in the field of your application
- Be computer literate
- Be confident in English
- Have a complete understanding of technology
- Be goal-orientated and passionate about your work
- Have a clear criminal record
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to work well in a team as well as on your own
- You’ll need to meet all the requirements to qualify.
- Microsoft has branches around the world so you may be required to travel.
- Candidates with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
The Application Process
Search for available learnerships, internships and graduate opportunities on their Student and Graduate Page or their Careers Page. The open programs will be displayed, and you can apply by simply clicking ‘Apply’.
Only those selected candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted and invited to an interview and/or asked to complete assessments.
If you do not hear anything within two months of applying, you can assume your application was unsuccessful.
Microsoft Learnerships Closing Date
There isn’t any specified closing date for learnerships as these open as opportunities arise within the company. Remember to regularly check on the Microsoft Website for open programs.