Now that the end of 2020 is finally within reach and matriculants are set to write their last paper on the 15th of December, it’s time to think about the future.
If enrolling to college isn’t an option right now, a learnership is the next step.
We’ve gathered some of the top learnership opportunities to look into for 2021.
1. Eskom: Plant Operators Learnerships 2021
Eskom invites unemployed youth to apply for Plant Operators Engineering Learnership Programme 2021.
Location: South Africa
Number of positions available: 60
Closing date: 18 December 2020
Duration: 18 months
Reference number: 50738210YN/GX01
Qualification - applicants must have one of the following qualifications to be eligible for a position.
- Grade 12 with Maths 50%, Physical Science 50% and English 40% or
- N3 with Maths 50%, Engineering Science 50% and English 40%
- NCV Level 4 Maths 50% Physical Science 50% and English 40%
Skills - Candidates must:
- Be able to communicate well - both in speech and writing
- Be self-disciplined
- Be self-motivated
- Have good mental and emotional health
- Be safety conscious
- Be responsible and committed
- Be computer literate
For submission, please drop your detailed CV, certified ID copy and Certified Completed Qualification copies at your nearest Eskom Power Station excluding Majuba, Peaking, Grootvlei, Komati.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER FOR YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER APPLICANT IS ALLOWED
2. Value Logistics
- Industry: Logistics
- Location: Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal
- Duration: 12 months. 1 March 2021 to 28 February 2022
- Resulting Qualification: NQF 4 FET Certificate: Road Transport Supervision
- Closing date: 29 January 2021
- Age requirement: 23 - 29 years old
How to Apply
To apply for this learnership, email the following documents to the email addresses listed below:
- Your up-to-date CV
- 4 original certified South African ID copies
- 4 original certified Matric Certificate copies
- Copies of any other qualifications you may have
Email the copies to one of the following addresses depending on your location.
- Johannesburg: email@example.com
- KwaZulu-Natal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cape Town: email@example.com
Should your application be successful, and you are invited for an interview, please bring the 4 original copies with you.
3. De Beers Group: Experiential Learning / Learnerships 2021
Location: Limpopo, South Africa
Number of positions available: 8
Closing date: 15 January 2021
Duration: 12 months
De Beers Venetia Mine has a great opportunity for 8 tertiary students who meet the necessary requirements to start practical training towards the completion of their studies.
- Be registered with a Tertiary Institution with PI, P2 or work exposure.
- A letter from the Tertiary Institution
- Reside in or around the Blouberg or Musina Municipality
- Not be employed by another organisation in the mining industry
- Have a valid Driver’s License (advantages)
- Have a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness Certificate and Security clearance from the mine.
Please also attach the following required documents (certified):
- A valid academic record
- A valid copy of your ID
- Proof of residence
NOTE: Applicants should be strictly from the labour sending areas of Musina and Blouberg, Proof of residential address should be attached to the application.
To apply, applicants must:
Submit applications on or before the closing date to the HR Department either by email dve.TSrecruitment@debeersgroup.com or by hand at De Beers Consolidated Mines Venetia Mine.
HR Department Timbila Office Block or Musina De Beers Consolidated Mines, Venetia Mine Offices Drop-off Boxes in the Community
Any enquiries regarding this position can be directed at HR Department on (015) 575 2691.
Should you not have heard from DBCM – Venetia Mine’s HR Department four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Visit the Careers Portal for more great learnership opportunities
4. Alexander Forbes
Duration: 12 months
Both learnerships require that applicants are:
- A South African citizen
- Unemployed with a Grade 12 certificate
- Not currently a full-time student at a formal institution
- Honest and professional with a keen eye for detail
- Willing to take responsibility
- Able to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Have positive personal qualities and a positive attitude
- Able to communicate well with others (verbal and written)
The JSE-Listed Alexander Forbes offers South African graduates an opportunity to get financial-based NQF-level qualification.
Successful applicants will be able to kick-start their career in the financial services and insurance industries from a young age and pave their way forward.
The company offers two distinct learnership programmes – an NQF level 5 certificate in Wealth Management and an NQF level 4 certificate in Short term Insurance.
How to Apply
Applicants need to forward a recently updated copy of their CV in long-form, certified copies of their academic results i.e. their matric certificate and other academic qualifications, as well as their medical records that offer details on they disabilities should they have any.
To apply for the learnership of your choice, click on the programme’s link in Alexander Forbes Career Portal. You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can register an account by clicking on the “Register” button and filling in the requested information once redirected to another registration window.
- Telephone: +27 11 269 0000
- Fax: +27 11 269 0149
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.alexanderforbes.co.za/
5. Standard Bank
Duration: 12 month
Payment: R2 500 a month
Resulting qualification: National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4)
Closing date: None. Standard Bank offers various learnerships that may not be open at the same time. It’s best to contact Standard Bank to enquire about which ones are currently available.
- 18 to 30 years old
- Speaking, reading and writing English skills
- Matric completion with passing mark in Mathematics, Maths Literacy and Accounting
- Computer literate
- Not permanently employed
- Not studying at any other institution
- Not registered on any other learnership
As part of the application process, all applicants will undergo a background-check assessing their credit record, criminal record, reference checks with previous employers (if applicable), educational qualifications and proof of South African citizenship, residency or work permit.
- Create a profile on the Standard Bank Graduate site
- Complete the online assessment (you must achieve at least a 60% mark).
- After passing the online assessment, the applicants will be contacted to perform competency-based tests.
- The final step will require a face-to-face interview.
NOTE: Applications done in any other method except for online application will be rejected.
For more information:
Tel: 0860 123 000